According to Yoast SEO Search intent has to do with the reason why people conduct a specific search. Why are they searching? Are they searching because they have a question and want an answer to that question? Are they searching for a specific website? Or, are they searching because they want to buy something?
Why blog? according to Hubspot a leader in content marketing! The top local business blog topics: 1. How To Guides, 2. Local news/events, 3. Company news
10 Topics For Local Business Blogs
- Help and ‘How To’ guides
- Local news / events
- Company news
- Product news and reviews
- Case studies
- Industry trends / predictions
- Industry news
- Results of studies or research
- Industry conference / events writeups
- National news
9 Benefits of Local Business Blogs
- Positions the business as an ‘expert’
- Helps website rank for more keywords
- Improves rankings in search engines
- Creates content for social sharing
- Increases engagement with existing customers
- Differentiates business from competitors
- Helps to generate more backlinks
- Helps to win new customers
- Creates content for email marketing
Choosing a Keyword – Start by choosing a keyword.
Informational keywords in the awareness phase. They know they have a problem or need but they aren’t sure how to solve it or fill the need. They use informational
- What is
- What are
- Best ways to
- White paper
( Choose your target keyword and make a blog that’s AWESOME!! Google ranks great content above poor quality ) Quality is better than quantity!! SEARCH GOOGLE SUGGESTED
SUB TOPICS! –
( Keep URL short with keyword in URL )
- You also want to publish long content on your blog. 1000 to 3000 plus words. The longer the content tends to be the better you rank in Google. Cover everything there is to know about the topic!!
- (H1) First title should be an H1 tag. H3 TAG H4 TAG ECT.. The main idea has the biggest header size.
- Use images, videos, screenshots, graphs, bullet points and infographics for each post.
- Most content is not even shown on Google. 94% of all published content gets ZERO external links. – We must create GOOD stuff!!
- Google prefers to rank sites with a small number of high quality pages instead a site with tons of relevant content. Referred to as ZOMBIE pages!! ( Pages that get no traffic) Google actually wants you to delete them and pay attention to the pages you have indexed on Google.
Find niche topics (and relevant keywords) Utilize Keywords
Step 1: Use a Keyword Research Tool to Find Niche Keywords. Before you can get started in earnest, of course, you need to choose your niche. Step 2: Refine Your Niche Keyword List. Step 3: Determine How Competitive Your Niche Keyword Phrases Are.
Create Buyer Personas
You can’t create marketing messages that appeal to your customers, nor build accurate buyer personas, if you don’t know what makes them tick.
Publish Long Content
Long-form content is content that offers a lot of information and/or great depth of information on a given topic. Minimum length should range anywhere between 700 and 2,000 words
- Increase page loading speed
- Optimize images
- Increase dwell time
- Reduce Bounce rate
- Increase CTR in SERPs
- Optimize URL’
- Utilize “Skyscraper Technique”
- Utilize link reclamation
- Write guest blogs
- Actively share on social media
- Optimize for voice search
- Refresh your content